Friday, March 11, 2011

Birthing From Within Journey Will Continue

In April 2008, I went to The Farm in TN and took the Birthing From Within training with Pam England. I facilitated my first class while 6 months pregnant that lasted 6 weeks with two beautiful couples. I was on a high for a while. I started my business Beholding Spirit in June 2009 and worked nonstop until the day before Thanksgiving. It was an amazing ride and......I burnt myself out. I learned a lot about myself and my business and boundaries and self care..
I had the pleasure of working with so many amazing couples. I love love love empowering women in connecting with self, and working with couples, and of course talking birth.
The first day of class I end the class with a couples dance to the song playing, Tracy Chapman. It always makes me tear up.. Watching them connect and giggle and love every moment of it. Life is busy for them and the birthing class helped them slow down, even stop time for a moment and appreciate one another and their growing baby... most importantly look in each others eyes. The smallest things we forget to do that goes such a long way. It also makes me think of George and our journey of parenting and partnership.
I look forward to the move, getting to know and work with expecting parents again and doing my work again.
I also look forward to dancing to this song with George again.

No comments: