Saturday, March 21, 2009

Authentic

~Authenticity (philosophy), a particular way of dealing with the external world, being faithful to internal rather than external ideas ~
~(obsolete) Having authority. ~

Being authentic is very easy when you are around people who have the same beliefs. You feel accepted, not judged, safe, loved. You know the feeling. It is very easy to be yourself, it is even sometimes easy to forget your awareness because you don't have to work. It is when you are around people who live life very differently when your true authenticity is revealed, even to your own acknowledgement. In the definitiion above about having authority. I feel that is authority of oneself.

I have revealed new layers of myself being in these situations. I have learned acceptance which can be good but not to the extent of sacrificing myself to accommodate someone else. It is in these situations where I can choose to stay in my awareness, protect my energy, and stay grounded. It can be difficult because in these situation you sometimes feel tested, uncomfortable, nervous, sometimes even anger. Who wants to rock the boat. Sometimes the boat needs to be rocked in order to be seen, understood, or just down right show respect for yourself. And my children need to know that I stand for what I believe in. I can't teach them to be themselves and to fully love themselves, and stand up for what they believe in if I am not modeling it.

No comments: