Sunday, July 27, 2008

Reading Books to Trinity

BellaSky is sleeping and Trinity made a pile of books for me to read to her. We sat on the couch and snuggled. Her favorite book is The Hello, Goodbye Window by Nortan Juster..Another book we read is a book that I bought way before I had children. A friend of mine recommended it to me. I don't read it often but every time I do it means something so different to me and how it resonates with me. It is called Hope for the Flowers by Trina Paulus..It is a story about a caterpillar who realizes there has to be more to life than just eating and growing bigger. On his journey he finds a tall pillar of caterpillar climbing. Feeling excitement, he starts to climb but he doesn't know what awaits him at the top..The emotions that unfold are so intense....Reading this book again this time in my life made me cry. As the transformation happens for Stripes(the caterpillar) which can only happen by his choosing, it requires him to let go and surrender.
It resonated with me so much it brought tears to my eyes. As I am transforming... my being, my body, my emotions...it is all changing all by itself...and when I can just let go and surrender...I too become a butterfly..my light shines..
It was really cute because Trinity saw me crying and asked why and I told her how beautiful the process is and then she started to tear up but she said it was because there was something in her eye..lol
This book never made me cry, it was nice to experience it differently this time. I love and enjoy the gift of just "being"..So much comes from the process. We are all meant to be butterflies...It is a great book.
I loved sharing this time with Trinity. She is changing as well and it is so wonderful to witness her transitions.

No comments: